Almost from the moment that the last vehicles left Hall Garth Park after 2017 Event, the Hornsea Biker Event committee have been planning the 2018 Event. They met that same week to “debrief” on the Event, and how they could build on the success of the previous three events. The 2017 had exceeded all expectations; with the amount of money raised, for the nominated charities, the number visitors to the Event; but most importantly, the thousands of bikers and their magnificent machines, that the Event attracted. This was despite competing with all the other motorbike related events happening over that same weekend.
However, the committee are not resting on their laurels. They have concentrated on where improvements can be made. These are some of the main items:
- Better publicity for the Event – at local and national level
- Better signage for the Event – leading up to the big day to inform the local people; and on the day itself, to direct the bikers and other visitors to Hall Garth Park and the additional parking areas.
- Motorcycle parking will be moved to the upper areas of the Park – this will give the double bonus of firmer ground and make the bikes more visible to the public.
- Improve the ability of the HBE to collect and distribute money by becoming a Charitable Foundation
- Keep the Hornsea Biker Event name relevant all year round – by partnering with other local organisations; putting on small events, attending other biker events, and visiting schools and day centres.